Guide To Our Sportsbook Reviews
We at SportsTips will help you find details on all the best sportsbooks throughout the country. We have a sportsbook review available for each of these quality websites. We’ve found many online bookmakers for American punters to explore.
You can check out a sportsbook review on places like William Hill Sportsbook, Fox Bet Sportsbook, Caesars Sportsbook, DraftKings Sportsbook, and many more. Each bookmaker review we write covers many points on a sportsbook.
You’ll learn many details on what an online sportsbook provides, including:
- What places does the sportsbook serve? You can find an online sportsbook PA open to people in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, or another site accessible to people in New Jersey or another state.
- What types of sports does the bookmaker cover? You can find odds for everything from football to baseball to soccer. But some states have limits on what is open for wagering. People in New York cannot wager on New York-based college teams or events taking place in the state, for instance.
- How are the lines arranged? Do they change often, and how soon are they made available?
- Are the odds at a sportsbook different from what you’d find elsewhere? Some online bookmakers will charge a commission for a wager and incorporate it in the odds, but that charge will vary by website. Those commissions ensure the sportsbook can stay operational, but they will cut away from whatever profits you get from a successful wager.
- Is it easy to go through the sportsbook? The place should be easy to navigate, especially when using a mobile device.
- What types of bets are available? We can report in a bookmaker review on what unique wagering options are available, including the assortment of prop bets an online sportsbook features.
- Are there any outstanding betting features available? These include parlay insurance, odds boosting for less popular wagers, and other promotions.
Each sportsbook review we provide will ensure you’ll understand what you can find on a sportsbooks’ website. We’ll be there to help you see what the best online sportsbooks for US players are and what makes them unique.
Important Aspects to Consider in Bookmaker Reviews
You’ve got many choices to consider among online bookmakers. Our online sportsbook reviews at SportsTips will help you see who’s right for you and what each sportsbook features.
Check each sportsbook review you read to see what such a bookmaker provides. Note these features when finding something noteworthy for your playing desires:
- The betting options available, including any unique prop bets
- Distinct betting setups, including parlay insurance, points-based wagering, and other things an online sportsbook could hold
- The interface for the website
- The safety of the sportsbook, including the financial data protection an online sportsbook provides
- The legality of a sportsbook; an online sportsbook NJ may only be open to people in New Jersey, for example
- Where you can play at a sportsbook; you might only be allowed to wager through an online sportsbook PA if you’re physically within the commonwealth of Pennsylvania, for instance
- The types of bonuses you can utilize; the top online bookmakers may provide multiple options
- Unique terms for those bonuses; you might have to play through your bonus funds enough times before withdrawing your winnings
- Any bonus codes you might require to use these promotions; the codes can change throughout the year
- Deposit and withdrawal features available for use, plus how long it would take for you to get your money when withdrawing
- Reward programs available, including whatever rewards you would get for regular play
- Mobile functionality; some online sportsbook USA options may have dedicated apps, while others are only accessible through a mobile browser
The best part of our online sportsbook reviews at SportsTips is that we provide thorough details on everything a sportsbook provides. We’ll cover all the things listed above alongside some other details.
Legal Online Sportsbooks
Our team at SportsTips has information on all the best legal online bookmakers. We check around online to see details on any online sportsbook USA players can enjoy. The most important part of our analysis of the best online sportsbook websites is that these places are legal and regulated.
We would never provide a sportsbook review on a venue that doesn’t have proper regulation. Such a website might be too risky, what with it possibly cheating its users out of their money.
These sportsbooks will be open for operation thanks to the licenses they hold with local governments or other groups. The most common way to receive approval is to partner with a land-based casino and to get the approval of the state government.
Many sportsbooks in Indiana operate through licenses with land-based casinos in the state, for example. Meanwhile, FanDuel is one of the top choices for an online sportsbook NJ that people in the Garden State can use because it has a license with the state and a physical location in the Meadowlands area.
We will provide details on where you can play at a sportsbook and what you can do to sign up and start wagering. Each bookmaker review we provide will help you see what you could do while you’re online, regardless of your state.
Sportsbook Reviews FAQs
Where can I place bets on online sportsbooks?
Online sportsbook websites are available in various states, including New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Indiana, Colorado, and Nevada. The rules for how these sportsbooks can operate in those states will vary. Our team at SportsTips can provide details on what’s open.
My state allows for sports wagering in some form, but there are no online sportsbooks out there. What should I do?
There is a chance online sports wagering may be available in your state in the future. As of October 2020, slightly more than half the country’s states have approved sports wagering in some form. There’s a possibility you might find online sportsbooks that are legally allowed to operate in your area in the future.
How can one of these sportsbooks tell where I’m located?
Today’s online sportsbooks use geolocation technology to identify where someone is when getting ready to play at a venue. The system identifies your connection location and will determine if you can place a bet.
For example, you might sign up for a sportsbook in Colorado, but you wouldn’t be capable of placing bets if you’re outside the state. A Colorado sportsbook uses geolocation to only accept wagers from people physically within the state’s borders.
What states are sportsbooks not allowed in at this moment?
Sportsbooks are not available for legal operation in about ten states as of October 2020. Wisconsin and Idaho have not established any regulations, and efforts to legalize sportsbooks in Florida and Texas have been slow.
But it is possible that legal online sportsbook betting will be available in every state but Utah in the future. Utah is being singled out due to its state constitution having a strict anti-gambling policy. To try and allow for sportsbook activities to occur in the Beehive State would be to undo generations of opposition to the activity, which at this juncture may be impossible.
Are there limits as to what types of events I could wager on while at an online sportsbook?
Part of why sportsbooks are only accessible to certain states is to adhere to the rules established by local governments surrounding what people can bet on. You may not be open to wagering on certain events depending on your location. For example:
- Indiana does not allow esports wagering.
- Iowa does not support in-game prop wagers on college sports events. You can still wager on regular college events.
- New York does not allow wagering on college sporting events that either take place in the state or involve teams from the state (Syracuse, NJIT, St. John’s, etc.).
- New Hampshire also doesn’t allow wagering on in-state colleges (UNH, Dartmouth, etc.).
The rules will change based on legal rulings and other decisions from governments. Contact your state to learn about the rules surrounding what is open for wagering and what is banned.
How many sports can I place my bets on while at an online sportsbook?
The best online sportsbooks USA players can enjoy will provide support for multiple prominent sports. You can place bets on a number of different sports, including:
- NFL and college football
- MLB baseball
- NHL hockey
- NBA, NCAA, and WNBA basketball
- UFC, and other combat sports
- Auto racing, including NASCAR and IndyCar
- Soccer, including Premier League, Bundesliga, MLS, Serie A, as well as other leagues and tournaments
How would the legality of a sportsbook be noted in a review?
Our online sportsbook reviews will include details on where a website is registered for operation. This includes the specific group responsible for supporting the sportsbook.
What bonuses will a review cover?
Our sportsbook review will cover details on all the popular bonuses you can find. You can benefit from many great bonuses, including:
- Sign up bonuses
- Free bets
- No deposit bonuses
- Reload bonuses
- Extras you might earn through a loyalty or VIP program
The best online sportsbooks for US players will cover many things of value and will provide you the opportunity to get more out of a site. We can provide points on each sportsbook review on what you’ll get, whether you need any promo codes, and any rules surrounding how you can use your bonus funds.
What should I consider when looking at the mobile features on a sportsbook?
Online bookmakers are producing mobile editions of their sportsbooks to make them more accessible. But the way you’ll access the mobile features will vary. It is important to look at how the sportsbook works on a mobile device before finalizing your sign up.
The best online sportsbooks for US players will provide dedicated apps for iOS or Android use. You can download one of these apps through the sportsbook website. Others will not provide dedicated apps, but they will feature mobile-optimized websites you can access through a browser.
What should I notice when looking at the banking options at a sportsbook?
Online bookmakers will support many deposit and withdrawal solutions. Take note of these options when looking at sporting bookmakers online:
- The specific payment methods
- Whether the methods you used for a deposit can also work for a withdrawal
- Any fees a sportsbook might charge
- Whether you can complete your deposits or withdrawals in person; you could visit the casino cage a sportsbook links to when supporting your account
- How long it might take for you to get your funds through a withdrawal
- Limits on how much you can withdraw at once, including how many times you can withdraw funds in a month
What customer service points can you find in a review?
Sportsbook online betting reviews can help you learn about many customer service features at a sportsbook. You’ll need these details if you have any disputes or other concerns impacting how you use a sportsbook. Some of the customer service features to review include:
- How long the customer service department is open for, including if it’s there 24 hours a day
- How long it takes to get a response
- The quality of the live chat service
- How the FAQ section or other help spot on a website appears