We already know a few things about Super Bowl LV. We know it will be held on February 7 at Raymond James Stadium in Tampa. We also know that the stadium will be filled at about twenty percent capacity, and also that The Weeknd will play the game’s halftime show.
But who’s going to play in Super Bowl LV? Online sportsbooks are listing different Super Bowl odds for the event. We’re starting to get a better idea of who has the best chance to win the Super Bowl.
Who’s the Super Bowl Favorite?
The Chiefs are the favorites for how the team has one of the strongest passing games in the league. Reigning Super Bowl MVP Patrick Mahomes has a great shot of winning the regular-season MVP award. The team also has one of the best passing defenses out there.
Other Great Challengers To Win The Super Bowl
There are many other challengers aiming to unseat the Chiefs:
- The Pittsburgh Steelers have a +550 line with FanDuel and DraftKings. The Steelers are 10-0, but they also have a weak schedule that includes games against all the NFC East teams and two games against the Cincinnati Bengals.
- The New Orleans Saints are at +550 on DraftKings and +650 on FanDuel. The Saints have the NFC’s best record at 8-2, and Taysom Hill may prove to be a viable quarterback while Drew Brees is out with an injury.
- The Green Bay Packers have a +1200 line to win. Aaron Rodgers has been jockeying for an MVP title this year, as he has taken the team’s decision to draft Jordan Love seriously.
- The Seattle Seahawks also have a +1200 line. The pairing of Russel Wilson and DK Metcalf could be the league’s next big tandem.
Home Cooking For the Bucs?
No team has ever played the Super Bowl on their home field, but there’s a chance it could change. The Tampa Bay Buccaneers have a +1100 line on DraftKings and a +1200 line with FanDuel. The 7-4 Bucs have a powerful two-man rushing attack in Ronald Jones II and Leonard Fournette, while Tom Brady has been worth the preseason hype.
— Tampa Bay Buccaneers (@Buccaneers) November 27, 2020
Midrange Choices To Win The Super Bowl
There are also some appealing Super Bowl odds for other teams in the middle of the pack. These include teams that could enter the playoffs as wild card entrants:
- The Tennessee Titans have a +2500 line with DraftKings and +3000 at FanDuel. Derrick Henry leads the Titans’ proficient running game.
- The Cleveland Browns have a +4000 line to win their first Super Bowl. Nick Chubb and Kareem Hunt help give the Browns more than 150 rushing yards a game on average.
- The Miami Dolphins are at +5000 line to win the Super Bowl. Tua Tagovailoa has become a sensation and is a strong Rookie of the Year candidate.
If You Really Want To…
The 1-9 Jacksonville Jaguars have a +300000 line to win the Super Bowl. The 2-7-1 Cincinnati Bengals also have a +150000 line, and that total could become loftier due to Joe Burrow’s season-ending injury.
The 0-10 New York Jets are the only team that doesn’t have Super Bowl odds. But you can place a bet on whether the Jets will go 0-16.
If you are need more news, information and predictions, head over to our NFL hub page for all your football needs.
*Odds correct at time of publication.
Image by: Roy Harryman